Sellers Terms & Conditions
Discover Me is a subsidiary of Fire Engine Media Ltd. PO Box 90294, Victoria St West, Auckland 1142.
The aim of the following terms and conditions is to help ensure a safe and reliable marketplace for buyers and sellers. All enquiries regarding any of our terms are welcome.
Acceptance of terms
By registering with Fire Engine Media Ltd and using the Discover Me website you accept the following terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you must refrain from using the services offered by Discover Me.
Alteration of terms
In these terms and conditions, the following expressions have the meanings set out:
‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refers to Fire Engine Media Limited;
‘you’ and ‘your’ refers to you;
‘item’, ‘items’ means goods that may be bought or sold through Discover Me;
‘member’ means a registered member of Discover Me;
‘account’ means a Discover Me account;
‘services’ means any one or more of the services offered by Discover Me, including sale or purchase of items and message facilities;
‘website’ means the Discover Me website;
‘listing’ means a listing for an item on the website;
‘seller’ refers to any person placing a listing on Discover Me;
‘buyer’ refers to any person purchasing an item listed on Discover Me.
Violation of these terms will result in the termination of your account.
1. You must be older than 18 or under the supervision of a legal guardian to register on Discover Me. You or your legal guardian are responsible for any activity that occurs under your username.
2. You are responsible for keeping your account details and password secret and secure.
3. You must not abuse or harass other members of Discover Me.
4. You must not send unwanted messages or email to any Discover Me members.
5. You are responsible for any data, text, information, screen names, graphics and photos that you submit on the Discover Me website.
6. Your products and any data, text etc (as in point 5 above) must not infringe upon any third party’s copyright, patent,trademark, trade secret or intellectual property rights or rights of privacy.
7. You must not damage or interfere with the website, or any network or system underlying or connected to it.
8. You may not use Discover Me for illegal or unauthorised purposes. By registering with Discover Me you agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
9. You shall not list contact details, including your email address and phone number, within listings or messages posted on Discover Me, or in your member profile.
10. You must not arrange a transaction outside of the Discover Me process or otherwise seek to avoid sales commission on Discover Me.
11. All listings must state prices in New Zealand dollars with GST included. All tax obligations are the responsibility of the seller and/or the buyer.
1. Orders for products will be emailed to you once payment from the customer has cleared.
2. Orders must be posted to the customer within five days from receipt of the order, unless otherwise clearly stated on your listings that this will take longer.
3. If you cannot despatch an order for whatever reason, you are required to contact us immediately so we can cancel the order and refund the customer their money.
4. You will use plain paper packaging and be responsible for the costs of all materials.
5. You will only include the Discover Me card provided with each order, not one of your own. You should not include any promotional material for yourself, or in any way encourage the customer to avoid purchasing through Discover Me in the future (i.e. do not promote your Felt store, or offer the opportunity to purchase direct).
6. Once the work has been posted to the buyer you will update the order status to “despatched” via Discover Me administration section. If the customer has requested the courier option for their freight, you will provide the track and trace details to the buyer using the email response provided in the admin area.
1. Fire Engine Media Ltd takes no responsibility or liability for any misconduct of any of its members.
2. Fire Engine Media Ltd takes no responsibility for the ownership, content, quality or legality of items sold or listed on the Website, or the accuracy of listings or ability of members to complete a transaction.
3. Fire Engine Media Ltd reserves the right to remove content (including items and item descriptions) and accounts containing content that we consider to be unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or any of Fire Engine Media’s terms and policy documents.
4. Fire Engine Media Ltd reserves the right to alter or terminate Discover Me services for any reason, without notice at any time.
5. Fire Engine Media Ltd reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
6. You must agree to guarantee supply of the work exhibited. If the work is no longer available, then you must ensure your listing is deleted or hidden from the site so it cannot be purchased.
7. You are free to set your own price except that the price you charge on Discover Me cannot exceed the retail price charged by other outlets of your work.
8. Discover Me provides its customers with a guarantee to refund the purchase price if the goods are returned within 7 days of receipt. You agree that if this right is exercised by the customer you will accept the return of the goods.
9. You must agree to observe the terms of the Consumers Guarantees Act. You agree to accept the return of the work from a customer if it is faulty or deficient in any manner. You agree to refund any payment made to you by Fire Engine Media Ltd for returned work. Fire Engine Media Ltd has the right to withhold payment for other orders until any refunds due are made.
11. Fire Engine Media Ltd can withdraw the exhibition of work for any reason and at any time. You must give Fire Engine Media Ltd one month notice if you wish to withdraw from the site to allow time to remove information from the site and process any existing orders.
12. You retain all intellectual property in the work but agree to allow Fire Engine Media Ltd to use images of the work and your profile for marketing purposes.
13. You must hold the copyright for any text and images you include in your listings.
14. Shipping costs must be stated on every item listing and must be reasonable amounts.
15. Your listing must not contain a URL for any website.